The objective of the Conference is to assess and discuss the recent developments in the general area of nonlinear vibrations, including topics on nonlinear normal modes (NNMs), energy localization and resonant or non-resonant energy exchanges, global and local dynamics of the strongly nonlinear systems, nonlinear strategies in vibration absorption, mitigation, reduced order nonlinear system identification, nonsmooth systems, nonlinear waves and solitons, and energy harvesting. New applications such as granular media and micro/nano dynamics will also be considered. Researchers from nonlinear dynamics, mechanics, applied mathematics and physics, and engineering will participate.
- Analytical and computational methods in nonlinear vibrations, nonlinear localization and energy transfer phenomena
- Smooth and non-smooth nonlinear problems
- Nonlinear modal analysis / system identification
- Experimental methods and results
- Nonlinear waves, breathers, solitary waves and pattern formation
- Granular media and nonlinear acoustic metamaterials
- Stability, bifurcation and symmetry from the perspective of nonlinear vibrations
- Transient problems, targeted energy transfers in coupled oscillators, and vibration control
- Hamiltonian problems, NNMs, and chaos
- Vibration energy harvesting
- Interdisciplinary applications of nonlinear vibrations, localization and energy transfer in mechanics, applied mathematics / physics, and engineering
- Presentations on interdisciplinary topics and practical applications are welcome.